A complex network of rivers, a fertile wilderness area of riverine forests, flood plains, deltas and open woodlands.’
An undiscovered area of Namibia and a contrast to the rest of the country. The largest town Katima Mulilo beats with the pulse ofAfrica where traditional villages border the town and open markets resonate with more modern conveniences.
General information and & tips on the area:
- Either a two or three night stay depending on the area.
- Through this area lodges are found around and in Mudumu National Park, on the banks of the Kwando River and at the confluence of the Zambezi and Chobe Rivers. Activities offered may include: fishing, nature drive by boat, sunset river cruises on pontoons, game drives, nature walks and a visit to a village where traditional music and dance gives and insight into Caprivian culture.
- Onward access to Zambia (Livingstone), Botswana (Chobe) or Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls)
- AirNamibiaflies to Katima Mulilo, from here transfers can be arranged to the Lodges in the area.
- Well over 400 bird species occur in this area.
- An area of growing interest to scientists studying the wetlands system and its flora and fauna.
- Caprivi pots and baskets are known for their distinctive beauty and symmetry.