Big five safari tours in South Africa with Namibia Travel Connection
South Africa teems with tourists all year round on account of its beautiful landscapes, cultural diversity and high standard of facilities. From the Cape Winelands to the tropical coastlines at Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa offers visitors a range of possibilities for adventure, from surfing, diving and river rafting to hiking, mountain biking and guided safaris. South Africa’s premier holiday resorts are ideal for luxury safari holidays and big five safari tours, where the rarest wildlife and captivating big game come out to play.
Because South Africa has a variety of mountain ranges, rivers and lakes, it also provides visitors with the opportunity to experience striking and contrasting landscapes within its borders. The great Karoo plateau on the border of the Kalahari Desert is distinctive for its red sand and scrubland vegetation, while the high Drakensberg Mountains to the north east form South Africa’s coldest region, where visitors can ski in winter and summer rain yields a cornucopia of plant life.
Namibia Travel Connection arranges luxury safari holidays and big-five safari tours in South Africa, where visitors are guaranteed high-class accommodation and exhilarating adventure entertainment. Some of the top destinations in South Africa include Cape Town and the Garden Route, Durban and KwaZulu-Natal destinations, Johannesburg in Gauteng as well as North West safari tours and the Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga and Limpopo. Contact us to book fly-in safari tours or self-drive vacations in South Africa.
Top destinations in South Africa
Some of the top destinations in South Africa are national parks, games reserves and eco-tourism resources, where natural brush and animals abound. Roads are well maintained and accommodation is of the highest standard in Sub-Saharan Africa, meaning you can easily access and enjoy South Africa’s premier holiday resorts. Arrange luxury safari itineraries to South Africa by contacting Namibia Travel Connection today, or by reviewing the following leading safari and coastal destinations:
- South African safari in Kruger National Park: The size of a small country and teeming with wildlife both common and rare, the Kruger National Park is a state asset. Situated in the Lowveld – meaning it has a sub-tropical climate and is populated with grassland, thorn trees and open woodland – Kruger is a warm destination that provides plenty of opportunity for big game viewing. Book an African safari from open vehicles in Kruger, and remember that at just four short hours out of Johannesburg, Kruger is located in South Africa’s heartland.
- Pilanesberg game reserves: Situated in North West province near the gambling, golfing and entertainment resort of Sun City, Pilanesberg is the fourth largest game reserve in South Africa. Set into a long-extinct volcano, Pilanesberg is spectacular owing to its rocky, time-carved landscapes and woody valleys and knolls. Embark on fly-in or self drive holidays in Pilanesberg game reserves and you’re guaranteed to encounter unforgettable sights.
- Whale Coast & Overberg tours: South African self-drive holidays are ideal in the leisurely Western Cape Garden Route, where wine farms are dotted up the scenic coast, and the beaches beckon to be visited. Fynbos reserves provide opportunities for hiking, mountain biking and swimming, while the coastal towns available on the Whale Coast such as Riversdale, Stilbaai and Witsand provide unspoilt eco-tourism resources. Book Overberg tours in Hermanus to watch the whales at play, or enjoy the Western Cape’s Winelands holiday safaris with Namibia Travel Connection.
- uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park safaris: The Drakensberg Mountain range in KwaZulu-Natal is a magnificent World Heritage Site of natural beauty, which includes flowing waterfalls and icy rivers, undulating valleys and dense forests that give way to sandstone cliffs. Once a spiritual home for the San people, the Drakensberg Mountain range is splashed with evidence of San rock paintings. Embark on uKhahlamba Drakensberg Park safaris and take advantage of the numerous tented camps, luxury lodges and guest farms available in just a two-hour drive outside of Durban.
Luxury holidays in South Africa
Enjoy a range of luxury itineraries with Namibia Travel Connection and South Africa’s top destinations. These may range from South African self-drive holidays in any number of game reserves and local towns and cities, to fly-in safari tours in South Africa – where you take advantage of some of the country’s most elite accommodation and facilities. Enjoy activity holidays that include sea adventures such as shark cage diving, fishing and boat trips, as well as inland treats such as spa holidays, Wineland tours and local heritage sightseeing. A land of eco-tourism, cultural wealth and inheritance, South Africa is packed with sights and enchantments for every visitor.
Adventure camping and fly-in safari tours in South Africa
Not only is South Africa diverse in cultural make-up, but it also offers a wide range of accommodation, from luxury fly-in safari tours to adventure mobile camping in the wild. Whether you prefer Cape Town’s up-market Winelands, where the temperate climate and flat landscape support lazy days by the seaside or inland in the wild Drakensberg where you can hike for days and sleep under the stars, Namibia Travel Connection is eager to provide you with luxury safari itineraries to South Africa. Select your accommodation from the following:
- Adventure safari: Select your destination from a variety of big five safari tours in South Africa such as in Kruger National Park, Pilanesberg and uKhahlamba Drakensberg. Enjoy a blend of accommodation that includes hotels, guest farms and mobile camping, while you’re transported between destinations via reliable 4x4s.
- Accommodated: Relax in some of South Africa’s premier holiday resorts that do not include mobile camping, and get a taste for luxury expeditions on the tip of Africa. Enjoy game and countryside viewing from comfortable transport buses.
- Fly-in safaris: Stay in the pick of South Africa’s safari destinations, and waste no time between them by flying in Namibia Travel Connection’s Cessna 210 single engine aircrafts, and enjoying comfortable transportation via our minibuses. A combination of hotels, lodges, guest farms and tented camps provide luxury accommodation.
South Africa’s economy
South Africa’s emerging economy depends on a robust infrastructure that is supported by its natural resources, upon which co-dependant industries such as mining and farming rely. Other industries thriving in the land of sea and sun include the legal, communications, energy and transport sectors, as well as trade in southern Africa and further afield. A stronghold for the rest of Africa, South Africa’s dependable road and rail infrastructure provides items such as energy, transport, aid and communications to neighbouring states.
Namibia Travel Connection luxury safari itineraries to South Africa
A land of beauty and diversity, South Africa promises visitors unforgettable safaris and beach holidays. In the south, Table Mountain and Robben Island Tours provide history matched with achingly beautiful scenery, while in Limpopo, Kruger Park open vehicle safaris provide a panoramic view of South Africa. If you’re interested in booking an adventure or fly-in safari with Namibia Travel Connection, feel free to let us know today. Contact us by sending an email or calling us directly, and we’d be happy to arrange your luxury safari holidays in South Africa.